Mark Your Calendar....
September 10-11, 2013
Take your search skills to the next level!
Effective research on the web is becoming increasingly important as a critical job skill in many work environments. Sure, anyone can enter a few words into a search box, but what sets WebSearch University alumni apart is their ability to use multiple search engines, advanced search techniques, and specialized sources to quickly hone in on relevant, reliable answers.
WebSearch University is back in Washington, D.C., and offers the perfect opportunity to learn from world-class power searchers. The curriculum is designed to enhance your search creativity, provide essential information about changes in search engines, introduce new resources, and put it in context for serious researchers—information professionals, librarians, freelancers, journalists, information managers, and serious researchers.
Revisit how you use the internet for research. Remember that searching the web isn't always free. Rethink your approach to search. WebSearch University’s 2-day intensive environment is devoted to how information professionals can most effectively and efficiently apply internet resources to their individual work situations. It's imperative for information professionals to invest in their continuing education and stay current with internet research capabilities.
We refresh the curriculum for WebSearch University every year to reflect the rapid changes in search technology. The speed of change when it comes to searching the web challenges even the best searchers to go back to school at WebSearch University.
Who Should Attend?
- Corporate, academic, public, and government librarians whose searches are the basis for major business decisions, scientific and scholarly research, or technical evaluations
- Internet researchers in corporations, firms, government agencies, and labs, where information has a major impact on products and programs
- Information professionals, webmasters, journalists, and strategic planners who need an advance look at where web search is going and how they should react
- Market researchers whose research frequently moves from one subject area to another
- Competitive intelligence specialists who need the most sophisticated search skills to monitor their industry and spot competitive trends
- Information consultants whose clients demand quality information on a wide range of topics
- Anyone whose job requires understanding the web and searching for the very best results
Top 7 Reasons to attend WebSearch University 2012:
- Learn advanced search skills from the world’s best searchers.
- Get practical, how-to advice about search tools, strategies, and resources.
- Hear from experts about leading search engines.
- Understand the nuances that differentiate one search engine from another and when you shouldn’t use a web search engine at all.
- Get a briefing on the latest web search developments and undocumented search engine features.
- Discover hidden web resources in various disciplines.
- Take home a binder packed with all the handouts and slides so you can remember, practice, and share what you’ve learned.