Thanks for Another Great Year at WebSearch University!
Save the Date for WebSearch University 2015!
September 17 - 18 | DoubleTree by Hilton Crystal City | Arlington, VA
Preconference Workshops Wednesday, September 16
Presentations available (login required)
Search the web and all will be revealed! That's possible, but highly unlikely unless you know the intricacies of search, the underlying nature of the web, and the evaluative tools to discern the truth of information found on the web. WebSearch University gives you this knowledge.
Searching the web is now ingrained in people's lives, so ingrained that they believe searching and finding are identical. Information professionals know better. Anyone can search, but not everyone can find desired information reliably or identify retrieved data as relevant. In a world where search is ubiquitous—and always free—speakers at WebSearch University share techniques to handle the "hard stuff" of professional research and discovery.
WebSearch University provides a unique opportunity to connect with some of the best-known power searchers on the planet. In a collaborative learning environment, you will learn how to surface information from the deep web, when to abandon the free web for a different source, why to use one tactic over another, and how to turn information overload into actionable information.
WebSearch University 2014 will be conveniently located in Crystal City, just outside Washington DC and very close to a Metro station. Pre-conference workshops are scheduled for Sunday, so you don't have to take a day off from work to attend.
We refresh the curriculum for WebSearch University every year to reflect the rapid changes in search technology and search companies. The speed of change challenges even the best searchers to go back to school at WebSearch University. Revisit how you use the internet for research. Rethink your approach to search. Reset your personal search preferences. Renew your commitment to quality searching. Attend WebSearch University 2014.
Who Should Attend?
- Corporate, academic, public, and government librarians whose searches are the basis for major business decisions, scientific and scholarly research, or technical evaluations
- Internet researchers in corporations, firms, government agencies, and labs, where information has a major impact on products and programs
- Information professionals, webmasters, journalists, and strategic planners who need an advance look at where web search is going and how they should react
- Market researchers whose research frequently moves from one subject area to another
- Competitive intelligence specialists who need the most sophisticated search skills to monitor their industry and spot competitive trends
- Information consultants whose clients demand quality information on a wide range of topics
- Anyone whose job requires understanding the web and searching for the very best results
Top 7 Reasons to attend WebSearch University:
- Learn advanced search skills from the world’s best searchers.
- Get practical, how-to advice about search tools, strategies, and resources.
- Hear from experts about leading search engines.
- Understand the nuances that differentiate one search engine from another and when you shouldn’t use a web search engine at all.
- Get a briefing on the latest web search developments and undocumented search engine features.
- Discover hidden web resources in various disciplines.
- Take home a binder packed with all the handouts and slides so you can remember, practice, and share what you’ve learned.
How to Participate as a Sponsor
WebSearch University provides an excellent opportunity for vendor sponsors to introduce their latest search tools, tactics, and strategies to the most knowledgeable and discerning group of information professionals in academia, corporations, government, pharmaceuticals, consulting companies, nonprofit organizations, medicine, law firms, and journalism. Contact us today to find out how WebSearch University can work for you!